VIRKIL (Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarat 300mg) is a prescription medicine used to treat chronic (long-lasting) hepatitis B virus (HBV) in people 12 years of age and older.
- Virkil will not cure HBV.
- Virkil may lower the amount of HBV in your body.
- Virkil may improve the condition of your liver.
- The long-term effects of taking Virkil for treatment of chronic hepatitis B infection are not known.
- It is not known if Virkil is safe and effective for treatment of chronic hepatitis B in children under the age of 12 years.